一比一现金棋牌iosThe Department of Clinical & Applied Movement Sciences (CAMS) at the Brooks College of Health (BCH) offers one doctoral graduate degree, the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT).
Physical therapists are healthcare professionals who work with individuals in preventing, evaluating, and treating physical dysfunction and injury. An understanding of human movement serves as the foundation for the practice of physical therapy.
一比一现金棋牌iosThe DPT program at UNF provides graduates with the knowledge and skills to become generalist practitioners of the highest caliber. Physical therapists are graduates of an accredited physical therapy program who have passed a licensure examination. UNF's DPT program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), and graduates are eligible to take the national licensure examination. The professional curriculum, all of which takes place at the doctoral level, consists of approximately 104 credit hours taken over eight semesters. Applicants must comply with all requirements and procedures of the University of North Florida related to admission to graduate level programs.
The number of students admitted each year will be determined by the Brooks College of Health in consultation with DPT faculty and with consideration given to the resources available to the program, the quality and size of the applicant pool, and current market conditions. Students who meet minimum requirements are not guaranteed admission to the program. Normally, 30 students will be admitted to the program each year for the fall semester.
一比一现金棋牌iosThe Doctor of Physical Therapy includes internship and practicum components, so it is important to determine State Authorization of Distance Education and if you will be able to do an internship in other states, if desired.
Program Description for Physical Therapy
Major: Physical Therapy
Degree: Doctor of Physical Therapy
The requirements listed below are prerequisites for the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT). The course numbers listed under each requirement are course numbers from the University of North Florida. Any substitutions to these requirements are made at the time of evaluation for admission into the DPT.
- Science Prerequisite Courses (32 credits):
- CHM 2045/2045L General Chemistry I with Lab (4 credits)
- CHM 2046/2046L General Chemistry II with Lab (4 credits)8 semester hours of General Chemistry
- PHY 2053/2053L Algebra-based Physics I with Lab (4 credits)
- PHY 2054/2054L Algebra-based Physics II with Lab (4 credits)8 semester hours of Algebra-Based Physics
- BSC 2085C Anatomy and Physiology I with Lab (4 credits)
- BSC 2086C Anatomy and Physiology II with Lab (4 credits) 8 semester hours of Anatomy and Physiology
- BSC 1010C General Biology I with Lab (4 credits)
- BSC 1011C General Biology II with Lab (4 credits) 8 semester hours of General Biology
- Non-Science Prerequisite Courses (9-12 credits):
- PSY 2012 Introduction to Psychology (3 credits) 3 semester hours of Introduction to Psychology
- DEP 3054 Lifespan Development Psychology or CLP4143 Abnormal Psychology (3 credits) 3 semester hours of Additional Psychology
- STA 2014 Elementary Statistics (3 credits) 3 semester hours of Elementary Statistics
- HSC 3537 Medical Terminology (3 credits) 3 semester hours of Medical Terminology (optional, but encouraged)
1st Semester (15 credits)
一比一现金棋牌iosPHT6110C Gross Anatomy for PT (6 Credits)
PHT5005 Fdn Proff Prac and Clin Ed (3 Credits)
一比一现金棋牌iosPHT5257C Clinical Skills (3 Credits)
一比一现金棋牌iosPHT6153C Human Physiology (3 Credits)
2nd Semester (16 credits)
一比一现金棋牌iosPHT6267C Examination and Intervention (5 Credits)
一比一现金棋牌iosPHT6161C Clin Neuroanat/Phy (4 Credits)
一比一现金棋牌iosPHT5806 Clinical Practicum (1 Credit)
PHT6606C Fdn of EBP (3 Credits)
一比一现金棋牌iosPHT6126C Kinesiology (3 Credits)
一比一现金棋牌iosPHT6910 Independent Study - Research (1 Credit)
Elective - the course can be completed up to 3 times any time after the 1st semester of the DPT program.
3rd Semester (8 credits)
PHT6218C Therapeutic Modalities (3 Credits)
PHT7551 Leadership in Physical Therapy (3 Credits)
PHT6070 Imaging in Rehabilitation (2 Credits)
4th Semester (16 credits)
PHT6318C Ortho I: Extremities (4 Credits)
PHT6191C Motor Control (3 Credits)
PHT6314C Neurology I: Path,Exam and Int (4 Credits)
PHT6306 Pathology-Pharmacology (5 Credits)
5th Semester (14 credits)
一比一现金棋牌iosPHT7385C Exercise Physio Cardio PT (4 Credits)
PHT7183C Ortho II:Spine and Occ Health (4 Credits)
一比一现金棋牌iosPHT7315C Neurology II:Adv Exam and Inte (4 Credits)
一比一现金棋牌iosPHT6607C Clinical Inquiry II (2 Credits)
6th Semester (10 credits)
一比一现金棋牌iosPHT6941C DPT 2A Clinical (5 Credits)
PHT6942C DPT 2B Clinical (5 Credits)
7th Semester (15 credits)
Take PHT7617c - Clincial Inquiry III if selecting the research track.
一比一现金棋牌iosPHT7009C Differential Diagnosis (4 Credits)
PHT7741C Spinal Cord Inj and Prosthetic (3 Credits)
PHT7328C Lifespan: Pediatrics (3 Credits)
一比一现金棋牌iosPHT7374C Lifespan Geriatrics (3 Credits)
PHT7936 Advanced Seminar (2 Credits)
PHT7930 Special Topics in PT (1-5 Credits)
8th Semester (10 credits)
一比一现金棋牌iosPHT7943C DPT 3A Clinical (5 Credits)
一比一现金棋牌iosPHT7944C DPT 3B Clinical (5 Credits)